Lemon water gives me a reason to get up in the morning!!!
I have been drinking a big glass of lemon water each morning for the past year now. Okay, it is a bit off-and-on depending on my travels – I do admit that when not having excess to a kitchen in the morning or the I am not in charge of shopping, I do kind of forget about this habit. But now, I am back on track and I am not stopping! Because I loooove it!
Here are 10 reasons why you should start your day with lemon water too:
- Alkalinity: Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, even though it is a citric acid, it creates alkalinity in your body, thus helps balancing out your pH. And let’s not forget, alkalinity equals health.
- Vitamin-C: Lemon is super high in Vitamin C, thus it is extremely effective in strengthening your immune system and in preventing and fighting colds.
- Detoxify: Lemon water is an excellent way to detoxify. For added bonus, you can add some cayenne pepper to it that, just like lemon, aids digestion and helps breaking down metabolic waste.
- Clear skin: Lemon water rejuvenates your skin by decreasing blemishes and wrinkles. But if you are at it, after making your lemon water, just rub the peel and remaining lemon on your face! It exfoliates your skin like magic!
- Fresh breath: Drinking lemon leaves your mouth happy with a fresh breath, relieving any tooth aches and gingivitis. It can even stop bleeding gums when massaging them with lemon water.
- Aids digestion: Lemon water helps to relieve various symptoms of indigestion, including nausea, bloating, heartburn, and constipation. It can even help with hiccups.
- Hydration: Drinking a big glass of lemon water will help you to start your day right in a hydrating fashion. If you find ‘regular water’ boring, lemon is an excellent way to make it more exciting and more alkaline at the same time.
- Aids weight loss: Lemon water helps with alkalinity and those with an alkaline diet lose weight and/or maintain their weight easier. The pectin fiber found in lemon also helps with cravings. Unlike sodas and juices, it is also calorie free.
- Kick the coffee habit: Some people claim that drinking a glass of lemon water in the morning makes them not to crave coffee. This one I can’t attest to, but hey, maybe it works for you.
- Makes you smile: Not sure if it’s because Vitamin C helps with stress, or because it tastes good, or because starting my day in a healthy manner makes me feel good, but drinking my lemon water in the morning makes me smile!
So get onto it!!! Drink lemon water! Juice a lemon (or two) (or three) and mix it with a big glass of water each morning to start your day in a happy, healthy and beautiful way!