It is orange and mandarin season – at least it is in Greece. On the top of that, it is completely impossible to buy just a few pieces of mandarins – a kilo is considered the minimum and you get the looks of ‘only that’…so you buy more… But I don’t complain. And certainly don’t run the risk of becoming deficient of Vitamin C eating and juicing oranges and mandarins every day. Adding them into fruit salad and salads. and ….
I must warn you, I don’t like adding milk or nutmilk or yogurt or peanut butter or any nutbutter or avocado into my smoothies. This one doesn’t even contain any bananas, so maybe it is more of a mixture of a juice and smoothie. Nonetheless it is yummy and full of vitamins!
What do you need?
- 3 large oranges
- 6 – 8 mandarins (clementines, tangerines)
- 2 apples (I used some ‘normal red apple’, but I imagine pink lady would amazing with this!)
- 5 – 6 kiwis
What to do?
- peel the kiwis and the apples and cut them into tiny pieces (if you have a good blender, I suppose bigger pieces are okay!)
- juice the oranges and the mandarins
- add the orange-mandarin juice to your blender or food processor (add the pulp too!!!), then add the kiwis and the apples
- blend it all together until the desired consistency
- pour it into a glass and drink it!!!!
- I imagine a little cinnamon could work with the recipe. Or you can perhaps ‘superfood it up’ a bit by adding goji berries or maca powder or whatever you like. I didn’t.
Ps.: OMG, I just found out about RAW FOOD THURSDAYS after posting this. And no, I simply canNOT wait until next week to participate!!! So I am submitting this smoothie right now!!! Thank you, thank you, Gluten-Free Cat for hosting this event, I am sure this will be my favorite blog event! Gluten-free Brownie points for her blog’s name and her love for cats – cats are simply the coolest, I love them, and that is an understatement! Happy Raw Food Thursdays!
Also submitting to