Want to incorporate another detoxifying practice into your life? Why not add dry-brushing?!
I first heard about dry-brushing over a year ago. My initial reaction was; this is crazy. But then I read up on the benefits and decided to try it. I ended up loving it and incorporating it into my daily practice.
So why dry-brush? What are the benefits?
- Great for circulation: dry brushing increases blood flow and increases circulation allowing better detoxification.
- Stimulates you lymphatic system: the lymphatic system delivers important molecules like vitamins to your lymphatic organs, which help to detoxify your body. Stimulating the lymphatic system also increases you immunity.
- Detoxifies your skin: The skin is the largest organ. Dry skin brushing removes dead skin cells allowing toxins to leave the body through the skin.
- Improves your skin: Removing dead skin cells and opening pores to allow them to breath and absorb nutrients. It makes your skin smoother, removes rough patches and even helps with cellulite.
- Great for stress relief: By increasing the blood flow and stimulating nerve endings it reduces stress and rejuvenates the nervous system.
How to dry-brush?
- Your skin should be dry (duh).
- Use circular motions always moving towards your heart.
- Start with you leg, move onto your arm, back then your belly.
- Always take a shower after.