If you are looking for a natural alternative for laundry detergent soap nuts may be right for you. Soapnuts come from a tree in India. I have been using them for over 6 months now and extremely satisfied with them.
The benefits of soapnuts are
- They are organic
- They are environmentally friendly
- They contain no harsh chemical
- They are hyopallergenic
- They are 100% biodegradable
- They are cruelty free and vegan
- They are economical and affordable
- They are a natural fabric softener
- They work in all kinds of wash machines
- They have multiple uses: you can use them for washing dishes, washing your hair, cleaning windows or for showerin
- They are really economical/affordable
How to use soapnuts?
- Put 3 – 6 soapnut shells into the washbag you get with your soapnuts. Tie the bag securely.
- (Optional step) Place washbag into jar with warm water for 2-3 minutes. This helps to release the soap.
- Load your laundry machine. Place the soaked washbag on top of laundry and wash as directed.
- After taking out laundry, save shells to re-use up to five more times.
Since soapnuts do come from far away and have their on environmental foot print as result I hope to try the SmartKlean Laundry Ball, but until then I am very happy with soapnuts and encourage you to use them to green your home.
How do you green your household?